This Isn't A Career, It's A Calling
Interested in seeing God use you in ways you would never have imagined? Our official positions are listed below, but we are always seeking innovative, passionate, Jesus-loving people to join our team. Whether your skills are technical, creative, administrative, or managerial, whether you have gone to seminary, or just recently accepted Christ, if you are excited about what God is doing through The Vertical Church and feel a calling on your life to join us, apply today.
High School/Middle School Pastor Position
The High School/Middle School Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual development of high school/Middle School students (Grades 6 through 12). This includes the leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events (camps, conferences, trips, service projects, etc.).
Essential Job Functions:
1. Lead Team of volunteers in the creation and operation of a high school/middle school ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
2. Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high energy services for high school/middle school students.
3. Create and manage a high school/middle school student ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
4. Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
5. Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
6. Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
7. Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings in order to meet the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
8. Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry area and grounds.
9. Develop an annual budget for high school/middle school student ministry and manage spending and the budget.
10. Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services and rotation in the Mainstage speaking schedule.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
This position requires 2 to 3 years’ experience as a staff member in a student ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong leader with solid work ethic, possessing a passion for teaching students about God and the ability to administrate as a department head. A working knowledge of creative programming related to student programs and special events is a real plus.